The following instructions will help you preserve the life of your Remote Projects purchase. Similar to an Oilskin coat, canvas requires and may require reproofing from time to time.
- Remove dirt or sand using a brush and/or sponge with cold water. Do not wash with detergent or hot water as this removes the oil and wax which are crucial to the duck canvas's waterproofing qualities.
- Hang to dry outside or in a well ventilated area until completely dry - keep out of direct sunlight to avoid fading.
- Once completely dry, the if the canvas was cleaned using pure soap, it may require reproofing in these areas.
- Do not machine wash, dry clean, starch or iron
With use over time, the oil and wax on the Duck Canvas fabric will naturally dry out. We recommend reproofing your purchase once a year for longevity. We have developed our own Australian made re-proofing wax - please get in touch if you are interested.
- Using a brush, remove all mould from the canvas.
- Apply diluted vinegar onto the affected areas with a sponge.
- Hand wash in warm water and a pure/organic soap.
- Rinse off the soap
- Hang to dry outside - keep out of direct sunlight
- Cleaned area's may require re-proofing
Always store your Remote Projects product in a dry well ventilated area. Do not place in a cupboard or plastic bag for long periods of time, otherwise like all canvas goods it can become mouldy.